List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: Composer commands in Tools menu
From:       Rick Elliott <relliott () netscape ! com>
Date:       1998-11-30 21:29:37

Are you saying you have translated both these strings EXACTLY the same,
including the pickletter (which I guess wouldn't apply to Chinese)? For
example, if you do pickletters the way Japanese products typically do
them, you might have something like this:

IDENTIFIER = STRINGTABLE59404
FILENAME   =
US STRING  = &Tools
XL STRING  = <IDEOGRAPH_foo>(&T)

IDENTIFIER = MENU224ITEM130
FILENAME   =
US STRING  = &Tools
XL STRING  = <IDEOGRAPH_foo>(&T)

If any part of the translated string differs, the menu won't function
properly. If you find that this is indeed the case, please tell me where
I can download a copy of your translated resdll.dll for further testing.
In the meantime, you might have to revert to English (though this works
in Japanese, I can't imagine why it wouldn't also work in Chinese).

Rick

["relliott.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]