List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    _Troubleshooting Question
From:       DavidS <davids () directlink ! net>
Date:       1999-12-25 5:15:39

Please help, I am losing my sanity on this one.

Recently, my machine (PII 400) has begun to pause and churn the
hard drive during sessions surfing with Netscape.  It does it
when reading mail, reading newsgroups, and browsing.  I can't
figure out why it has decided to start doing this, nor can I
figure out how to fix it.

Every minute or so, it pauses and spins the hard drive for about 10
seconds, freezing anything to do with Netscape.  I can switch to
other programs, like Windows Explorer, notepad...etc., but not
to any open Netscape window.

I have already tried the following:

- Deleted the Disk and Memory Cache.
- Dropped back to older versions  (4.7) to (4.61) to (4.51)
  (I am currently on 4.51)
- Scandisk and Defrag the hard drive (twice)
- Reloaded Windows 98SE on top of itself.

If anyone out there has a suggestion on how to fix
this I would appreciate it.
(Sorry, Internet Explorer is not the answer I am looking for)