List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Re: To give you an idea of QtScape code...
From:       Nat Lanza <magus () cs ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       1998-04-14 17:39:22

konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Martin Konold) writes:

> On 13 Apr 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>
> > Why does the KDE people keep with dick measuring attitude?
>
> Well, my knowledge of the English language is not good enough to
> understand that...

What it means is this: you've been giving the impression that you're
more concerned with proving to everyone that your toolkit is cooler
than everyone else's than with improving the quality of Mozilla.

If the Qt folks had said "Hey, we have a new front end! Could it be
added to the source tree?", that probably would have been fine. But
instead, it seems like their attitude has been "Hey, we have a new
frontend using the world's best toolkit! Throw everything you have out
and follow us, because your stuff sucks!"

Are you really surprised that people are annoyed by this?

> I have just been told by a gtk advocate that RH does have 5 full time
> gtk/GNOME programmers. These guys already had 14 days....

These are fulltime programmers working on something else. They have
actual tasks to do other than prove how manly they are by porting
Mozilla.

This is _exactly_ the sort of comment people are complaining about. If
you like Qt and QtScape, great. Work on it. Improve it. _Show_ us how
cool it is. Please stop trying to improve your position by insulting
others, though. This is a team effort, and mindless factionism like
this isn't going to help anything.

--nat

--
nat lanza         "companions to our demons, we will dance and they will play"
magus@cs.cmu.edu                                  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~magus