List:       mon
Subject:    Re: why no saved state for acks?
From:       Andrew Ryan <andrewr () nam-shub ! com>
Date:       2001-08-10 6:24:42

I think the ability to track more of the state than just the disabled
objects in the server would also be very useful. Ideally one could
re-create the entire state of the server by 'dumping' its config right
before a reset and then reloading it. I don't think it would be super hard,
though it would probably be a fair amount of work. It also would prevent
load on the server from spiking after the server is reset, as the server
starts running all of its tests again.

I'm sure Jim has more thoughts on state saving/loading, especially as it
relates to the post-1.0 roadmap for mon, which he can elaborate on.