List:       mon
Subject:    Re: Reporting
From:       "Andrew Ryan" <andrewr () mycfo ! com>
Date:       2000-11-13 17:20:15

I know that some people on the list are feeding their mon alerts into Bugzilla,
and then doing reporting out of that.

Gilles also has rrdmon, which doesn't do raw percentages, but it does rrd
files, so the "average value" of the rrd file over some given time period is
the approx uptime pctage.

We've put together a system here to query mon downtime logs and generate html
versions and graphs of more or less what you're talking about. This will be
released under the GPL but I can't say exactly when, as it's winding our way
through our company's legal dept.

In the meantime if you wanted to roll your own, it wouldn't be super hard,
given components that are already out there. You could use dtgrep (available
from http://www.nam-shub.com/files/) to extract just the portions of the
downtime logs you were interested in. Then, there are several routines from
mon.cgi which you could use which do all the uptime statistics generation.

Hope this helps.

andrew

Steve LeClair wrote:

> Does anyone know of an easy/effective way to do reporting in Mon.  What I'd
> like is for an e-mail to be sent off everyday providing uptime percentages
> on essential services.  I'd also like weekly and monthly reports.
>
> Is anyone doing this now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve LeClair

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]