List:       mon
Subject:    Re: Frustrating hangs...
From:       Ray Van Dolson <rayvd () corp ! digitalpath ! net>
Date:       2004-06-02 2:58:49

Thanks for the reply David...

Our mon.cf doesn't include any hostgroup definitions, but instead includes
549 "watch" keywords for unique IP's which I take from the manual creates
individual hostgroups with the name of each IP. Each watch/hostgroup or
whatever you want to call it has only one service defined -- ping, although
it is not the default ping service but a modified one that writes some
rrd information on each host for us.

Perhaps this is a poor way to configure things... I'm inheriting this mon
setup so to speak and really want to get it working more reliably for
everyone in our company.

This doesn't exactly match your description, but I'm curious if the Text::
Parsewords thing could still be at fault ... I'd love to try out the patches
if you think they might be helpful for us.

Thanks again!