List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] FW: Russellville board: Compile kernel with ivi config
From:       "Clark, Joel" <joel.clark () intel ! com>
Date:       2010-05-25 14:05:42

From: CTAG / Daniel García [mailto:daniel.garcia@ctag.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:03 AM
To: Clark, Joel

Hi,

I'm trying to recompile the kernel in my Russellville board.
I downloaded the last kernel-ivi sources from: \
http://repo.moblin.org/moblin/development/72ffd2357b99aadec1b4e7e8b358e45c/archive/20100208/core/source/kernel-2.6.31.6-44.1.moblin2.src.rpm

Following instruction from: \
http://origin-software.intel.com/en-us/articles/compile-moblin-21-kernel-sources-with-intel-compiler/
 I did:

1.     Prepare for build

       a.  su into root.

       b.  Create a ~/.rpmmacros file containing:

       %_topdir %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild

      %_smp_mflags -j1

      %__arch_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

      %_default_patch_fuzz 2

      #end of file

2.     Setup and do initial build.  Download the kernel source from a source \
repository:

       a.  Extract the rpm:

            $ rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.31.6-44-1.moblin2.src.rpm

       b. Prepare and do initial build to rpm:

            $ vim rpmbuild/SPECS/kernel.specs

       c. Comment lines:

#'BuildKernel %make_target %kernel_image netbook'

#'BuildKernel %make_target %kernel_image menlow'

#'BuildKernel %make_target %kernel_image mrst'

#'BuildKernel %make_target %kernel_image mrst-kboot'

d.    $ rpmbuild -bc --target=i586 kernel.spec

3.     Rebuild with gcc:

       $ cd rpmbuild/BUILD/kernel-2.6.31/linux-2.6.31

       $ make clean

       $ make bzImage

       $ make modules

       $ make modules_install

       $ make install
4.     Reboot

Is this the right way to compile the kernel applying all patches to Russellvile \
board?

The problem is that X does not run now? Can be a video driver problem? Because X \
config must be the same from ivi-config?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel García Garrido
Infotainment & Software
Electronics, ITS and HMI Division
daniel.garcia@ctag.com<mailto:daniel.garcia@ctag.com>
Centro Tecnológico de Automoción de Galicia
(Galician Automotive Technology Centre)
Polígono Industrial A Granxa, Parcela 249-250
36400 Porriño (Pontevedra - Spain)
*: +34 986 900 300
Fax: +34 986 900 301
http://www.ctag.com