List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    [Moblin Dev] Problem with audio playback
From:       "Bora, Tarali" <tarali.bora () intel ! com>
Date:       2008-06-25 17:15:24

Hi,

I am working on Moblin based Menlow device (crown-beach, image:
ume-8.04-menlow-install-usb.img). My device has an audio card but I am
having some problem in playing audio on the MID. My pipeline has the
following elements: filesrc -> mad -> audioconvert -> alsasink.

I get following error message:

Could not open audio device for playback

I tried 'asoundconf list' and it did not show me any cards. But my
device is equipped with an audio card. I also tried 'speaker-test -c 2'
but that also does not seem to work.

I am confused why the card does not work. Do I need to install any
drivers for the same? I thought the MID comes with everything already
installed in it. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks

Tarali