List:       moblin-dev
Subject:    RE: [Moblin Dev] Adobe Flash licensing.
From:       "Speed, Derek" <derek.speed () intel ! com>
Date:       2008-06-25 15:51:54

I apologize for the delay in following up on this e-mail thread.  I have been in \
touch with Adobe in an attempt to clarify the confusion with respect to licensing the \
Adobe Flash player.

First, the full Adobe Flash player and plug-in for Linux binaries will run unmodified \
on a Moblin compliant operating system - you do not need to settle for the more \
limited Flash Lite implementation.

The situation as it relates to licensing is a little complicated.  There are specific \
use cases where licensing the player is royalty free and others where it is not.  My \
understanding is that this distinction is primarily centered around whether the \
device is "open" (end-users can download updates directly from Adobe) or closed but I \
would prefer to have Adobe speak to the details since it is their product, not \
Intel's.

I hope to have more detailed information from Adobe that I can post to this list \
shortly.  As they say on TV, "Stay tuned for further details" ;-)

Thanks,
Derek

Thanks,
Derek