List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] zoran overlay no longer working
From:       Jean Delvare <khali () linux-fr ! org>
Date:       2007-04-18 12:41:34

Hi Ronald,

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:44:54 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> you could temporarily remove (or move to /tmp) the xawtv v4l2 plugin,
> I think it lives in /usr/lib/xawtv/. Alternatively, you could
> recompile the driver w/o v4l2 support by editing linux/videodev.h and
> removing the HAVE_V4L2 (such that videodev2.h is not included) and
> then recompile the driver.

OK, thanks for the hints. I tried both methods (there's nothing like
HAVE_V4L2 in the upstream kernel, so I've added "#undef
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2" after all the includes in zoran_driver.c instead),
xawtv -hwscan reported the device as v4l (not v4l2) as expected in both
cases. However, unfortunately, this didn't help with my overlay problem.

--
Jean Delvare