List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] zoran overlay no longer working
From:       "Ronald S. Bultje" <rbultje () ronald ! bitfreak ! net>
Date:       2007-04-17 12:25:51

Hi Jean,

I haven't heard this before, although I regularly hear people
complaining that update X caused this or that to break, where X is
any update any this and that means any function that is any feature
implemented in the driver. I don't know why it is so breakable, or
maybe it isn't and it's just being used widely in the wild and people
are having random problems on random configurations like is the case
with any piece of software.

But back to you, I haven't heard this one before. It is well possible
that X broke it, since xawtv defaults to doing overlay through X. To
get around that (and skip the whole X codepath), you'd use xawtv -
noxv. Have you tried that, and did it make a difference?

Ronald