List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    [Mjpeg-users] lavrec recordings not seekable in mplayer (raw video
From:       nico berndt <nb () komeda-berlin ! de>
Date:       2007-04-05 12:57:38

Hello,

I am experiencing difficulties when capturing video through a bt878 card
(Osprey200) using lavrec.
The video is captured ok, no errors, but when trying to view it with
mplayer it opens but I canot seek. Mplayer tells me: cannot seek in raw
video streams.
Using Virtualdubmod (Windows) I am told there were no keyframes and
again seeking does not work. After choosing "Rederive keyframe flags",
wich takes ages, everything is fine and File-information tells me that
my 2345 frames video has 2345 keyframes.

As I understand, motion jpeg is I-frame only, so every frame IS a
keyframe, right?

Am I the only one experiencing this strange behaviour?
Hopfully someone has an idea here..

Here's my command line:

lavrec  -s -c 1 -r 48000 --software-encoding -f A  --input p -q 70  -U
-g 720x576 test.avi -b 512 -n 64

Best regards,

--
../nico berndt