List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] jpegtoyuv
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2006-06-01 16:24:49

Hallo

Sorry, I was offline for some days.

> I'm trying to convert some jpeg images I get from our videoserver mpeg format. I do a
> jpeg2yuv -f 5 -I p -A 1 -j ${Video}_${Date}_%d.jpg  |
> mpeg2enc -F 5 -a 1 -o video.mpg
>
> I get no errors and in the end, I get a valid mpeg movie,
> which resembles the original jpegs.
>
> The problem, it seems, is that half the images is forgotten.
> The resulting movie has the correct dimensions, but the bottom
> half is a green square.
Which version of the mjpegtools are you useing ?

Do you see the same problem when you use yuvplay instead of mpeg2enc:
jpeg2yuv -f 5 -I p -A 1 -j $... | yuvplay

> I have tracked the error to the output of jpeg2yuv. My images
> are black and white, 352x288 and "baseline" encoded (whatever that means).
Why do you se the framerate in jpeg2yuv to 5 fps (-f), and than in
mpeg2enc to 30fps (-F 5) ?

Have you tested the -L 0/1 option ?

Please use a usefull value for a MPEG1 movie for -A, or don't use it.
You overrule the aspect ratio you set in jpeg2yuv again in mpeg2enc.

Do you have some output when the encoding starts. That might also help
to identify the problems.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at