List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] How to build openldap for mingw instead of for
From:       Tor Lillqvist <tml () iki ! fi>
Date:       2011-01-30 10:14:00

> I am not aware of the LDAP lib on the XP home edition.

Look for wldap32.dll. I have don't have any XP Home Edition so I don't
know how intentionally crippled it is... please follow up whether it
is there or not.

> I have invested
> too much time in porting to go back now, but I'd be interested in a link
> for further reading.

See for instance
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366938%28v=vs.85%29.aspx and
surrounding documentation. If I recall correctly from when I adapted
some Linux code to use the Microsoft LDAP API several years ago, it is
very close to the "de-facto standard" LDAP API (RFC1823) that OpenLDAP
implements. (In fact, I think it was so that it is OpenLDAP that adds
"a few useful extensions", while MS stayed closer to the RFC. But as
RFC1823 is not a real Internet Standard, that is OK, of course.)

> Well one must start somewhere. Obviously I aimed too high, yet I now
> have slapd running, and more important, I learned a lot and got a
> clearer picture of the matter that will allow me to go further.

That is good then. One learns by doing.

--tml

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.