List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] compiling autoconf
From:       Keith Marshall <keithmarshall () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-06-23 19:38:49

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 16:56:18 Vincent R. wrote:

> >> Have a look at the paths: you checked /usr/bin/m4 while the
> >> make files tries to use /bin/m4

In a standard MSYS installation, the two are synonymous anyway; /
and /usr are bound together, to refer to the same file system
location, via an emulated loopback mount.

> > Create a symlink and still doesn't find it.

In general, symlinks don't work in MSYS, (unless Microsoft have
actually got them working transparently in Windows 7).

> I have reinstalled by following a guide and now it works.

Pleased you got it working.  I do wonder if m4 may have been a red
herring; is it possible that the MSYS build of *perl* may not have
been installed correctly?

--

Regards,
Keith.