List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: [midgard] virtual hosts
From:       E.Heyns () uci ! kun ! nl
Date:       1999-11-27 7:58:48

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Erich Schneeweiss wrote:

> > The 0 means 'any port', but not 'any port when no other is found for
> > this name'.
> > So it would depend on in which order the database returns the entries
> > (first
> > entry returned gets served).
>
> It's not necessary to change it, but it should be added to the install
> page.

I think I'll do it anyhow. It's a trivial change, and a lot clearer.

> At startup a new midgard tester doesn't have virtual hosts in his
> httpd.conf .
>
> If you change it, you also should change the MP to automatically add
> virtual hosts. In this case, I would prefer an unusual port. 8080,
> 8000, 8008 and 8888 are often used by other programs.

The monsterpackage defines 3 hosts (both in the database and the apache
configuration), all with the name set to what 'hostname' returns.
On port 80 and 443 is the example site (without and with SSL respectively),
on port 2000 the admin site (with SSL).

Bye,
Emile