List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    [midgard-dev] Sequence of Apache URL Parsing
From:       Torben Nehmer <classic () nehmer ! net>
Date:       2001-08-22 10:26:32

Hi.

I'm just working on a project that combines Midgard and another XML based
Perl Applicaiton. What I want to do is this: The Navigation is created by
Midgard using a topic/article tree. On two points in this hierarchy I have
to "bail out" and call the legacy CGI applications. This doesn't work
right, because the Root Page is active.

And here is my problem: Apperantly the Midgard URL Handler gets invoked
before Apaches Alias/ScriptAlias Directives. I'm currently workarounding
with some Inactive Pages below the Main page, which I don't like becaus
the page itself still catches the request (I have to link to
/root/page/index.html, not to /root/page).

Is there any easy way to change the behavoir of mod_midgard to execute
after the native Apache URL Handlers?

What I haven't tried yet is mod_rewrite, but I don't like it because of
the extra overhead.

Live long and prosper!
Torben Nehmer

--