List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    Re: [midgard-dev] config.m4 for php4
From:       Alexander Bokovoy <a.bokovoy () sam-solutions ! net>
Date:       2001-08-22 8:58:37

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:18:09PM +0200, Emiliano wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> could someone verify that this doesn't leave anything out? I don't
> quite know what MIDGARD_SHARED_LIBADD is supposed to accomplish, but
> midgard-config should supply the cppflags and lflags needed.
MIDGARD_SHARED_LIBADD is needed for correct linking of the module.
There is a m4 macro in PHP4
PHP_ADD_LIBRARY_WITH_PATH(library, path[, shared-libadd])
with the following description:
"add a library to the link line and path to linkpath/runpath.
 if shared-libadd is not empty and $ext_shared is yes,
 shared-libadd will be assigned the library information."

Though shared-libadd is optional, for SCE extensions like ours PHP4
requires that EXTNAME_SHARED_LIBADD should not be empty if extension relies on
exetrnal shared libraries.

>    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS "`$MIDGARDCONFIG --cppflags`
>    LIBS="$LIBS "`$MIDGARDCONFIG --libs`
>    LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -Pmgd -olex.yy.c"
I think that content of '--libs' should be added through
PHP_ADD_LIBRARY_WITH_PATH. May be additional mode for midgard-config
should be introduced that gives values in a manner PHP4 needs?
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
$ cat /proc/identity >~/.signature