List:       mico-devel
Subject:    MICO: MICO + Java + Exceptions: JDK or MICO/gcc problem?
From:       Dirk Foersterling <foerster () euklid ! cs ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       1999-10-27 7:36:41

While still connecting JDK 1.2.2 and MICO, the following happened.

The server (MICO-) object throws an exception. The JDK-1.2 ORB catches
the correct exception, but three times and the corresponding (exception
throwing) server method is called three times.

here's the example server method (you'll find that I like to make
examples using MICO-idl generated code, so I'm sure that I don't
do anything wrong ;-))

void
KPRemote_impl::page_next()
  throw(
    ::CORBA::SystemException)

{
  // add your implementation here
    // REMOVE
    cerr << "page_next()" << endl;
    mico_throw(::CORBA::NO_IMPLEMENT());
    // REMOVE

}

The server is running on Solaris 2.6 and was compiled using gcc/2.95.1

And here's the Java portion:

try {
  KPresenterInterface.kpremote().page_next();
} catch (Exception e) {
  System.out.println(e);
}

The client is compiled and run using JDK 1.2.1.

If the client is run, the server prints

page_next()
page_next()
page_next()

and the client pretends to catch NO_IMPLEMENT once. If I remove
the try{} from the client, the JVM console tells me about three
uncaught exceptions NO_IMPLEMENT in different code locations.

Is this a problem with the JDK or with gcc or anything else?
How to find out?

--
Dirk Foersterling
PG345 BodyTalk