List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: MICO: A little IDL-syntax question (embedded sequences)
From:       Kay Roemer <roemer () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       1999-09-02 15:28:25

> I'm so sorry that my question was too hard for you, was it? (I don't
> assume that everybody just ignored my newbie-question).
> However, I found the answer myself. So It couldn't be that complicated.
> Maybe such general and simple (?) questions are intentionally unanswered
> to force soon-to-be CORBA developers to dig deeper into the specs...

You missed the reply. A long time ago Frank wrote regarding your question:

 Yes, they are legal. You can find the full IDL grammar in
  ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/formal/99-07-07.pdf

 The grammar in mico/idl/yacc.yy is mostly identical to that, so you can
be pretty sure that what the Mico IDL compiler accepts as legal IDL is,
in fact, legal IDL.

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer          PhD student @ ETH Zurich, Switzerland