List:       mico-announce
Subject:    [mico-devel] portable interceptors possible bug
From:       Gabriel Lopez Rodriguez <glopezro () irisa ! fr>
Date:       2005-04-25 8:56:16

Hi,

Ive been playing with portable interceptors in mico, and Im writing
because I would like to check if the following behavior is a bug or not.

I have two corba objects beign hosted in the same server, objects A, B,
with methods void a(), and void b() respectively. The implementation of
void a() is something like:

void a() {
  cout << "a" << endl;

  Object_ptr obj = string_to_object(path + "b.ref");
  B b_ptr = narrow(obj);

  //b() invocation in a body
  b_ptr->b();
}

Implementation of b():
void b() {
  cout << "b" << endl;
}

So the implementation of a(), retrieves a reference of B and executes
b(), and b() just prints out "b".

In the server orb I initialize one client, and one server side pi, wich
print output messages in each possible interception point (send_request,
receive_request_service_contexts, receive_request, etc).

And I run one client executable, wich using the naming service, gets a
reference of A and invokes a().
As a result I see something like:

<ServerInterceptor> receive_request_service_contexts, operation: a
<ServerInterceptor> receive_request, operation: a
<ServerInterceptor> send_reply, operation: a

My point is that client side interception points are not being invoked
for the invocation of b, within a. Is this expected behaviour?

I can provide the example.

thanks,
Gabriel