List:       mesa3d-users
Subject:    [Mesa-users] EGL Address spaces and Multiple Displays
From:       Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-12-12 15:14:02

Hi, I am currently looking into driver crashes (https://bugreports.qt.io/
browse/QTBUG-87597) when using the QtWayland compositor and rendering on two
screens via two EGL fullscreen windows. One of the driver, where I see the
problems, is the i915 via Mesa.

Since the crashes only occur when the QtWayland compositor renders with
multiple render loops, I assume that there is something wrong with how
resources are managed between the render threads. While digging into it, I
came to Section 2.3 of the EGL 1.5 spec, which states, "EGL objects and
related context state cannot be used outside of the address space in which
they are created". So, my question is: From the Mesa / driver perspective, do
I have to consider displays as different address spaces or can I share
resources like textures between them?

I hope that I sent to the correct mailing list and would be very glad if I
could get a short answer how this section is meant.

Cheers,
Andreas