List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l]
From:       "Owen B. Mehegan" <owen () nerdnetworks ! org>
Date:       2010-08-25 1:00:34

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:26:40 -0500, Ryan Lane <rlane32@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If your plugin needs to handle it, you should take a look at the CAS
> authentication extension:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CASAuthentication
>
> This plugin redirects the user to the SSO server when clicking on the
> login/logout link, checks the info from the server, and allows/denies
> access accordingly.

I've taken this example and tried to adapt it to my code. But when I
call the function I've created that uses it, I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function ucfirst() on a non-object in
/usr/share/mediawiki/includes/User.php on line 653

My attempts at debugging seem to indicate that this happens when I
call:

$username = "TestUser";
$u = User::newFromName($username);

I looked at User.php, this is the section in question:

650        static function getCanonicalName( $name, $validate = 'valid'
) {
651                # Force usernames to capital
652                global $wgContLang;
653                $name = $wgContLang->ucfirst( $name );

I don't really know where to go from here...

--
Owen B. Mehegan (owen@nerdnetworks.org)
"He is a dangerous mixture of sophistication and recklessness which