List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [Mediawiki-l] MWClient 0.6.4  issue with MW 15.4
From:       "Purohit, Sumit" <Sumit.Purohit () pnl ! gov>
Date:       2010-08-24 23:58:11

I was using mediawiki  1.13.4  with mwclient 0.6.2 to upload some wiki pages and \
template pages using MW api. Recently I upgraded both the tools to MW 15.4 and \
MWClient 0.6.4 ( I could not upgrade to MW 1.16 as I have some dependency for Halo)

I have restricted read and edit permission for anonymous user in LocalSetting.php As \
: $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;

I have always upload wiki pages using following calls in mwclient:

site = mwclient.Site(server, path)----(1)
site.login(username, password)---(2)

but once I upgraded MW to 15.4 it started failing  at first line, even before trying \
to login. I tested mwclient 0.6.4 with MW 1.13.4 and it is working fine.

Is there any change in MW API which try to read some wiki pages/template pages in \
order to create Site object ?

I am getting following error.
> > mwclient.errors.APIError: (u'readapidenied', u'You need read permission to use \
> > this module', None)

Thanks
--sumit