List:       maven-user
Subject:    Re: Promoting j2ee:appxml plugin
From:       dion () multitask ! com ! au
Date:       2002-10-31 21:31:52

Rademacher Tobias <Tobias.Rademacher@grob.de> wrote on 31/10/2002 05:34:30
PM:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm written a short goal creating the appication.xml file necessary in
> EAR's. It's fairly easy, because we have much of the information in your
> project descriptor we need. With fast and good help of Jelly-Master
James
> I'm wondering about Jelly efficency. ;-)
>
> I'm writting this email as some kind of promo for this goal. Is anyone
> interested of it? I'm eager to contribute the goal to say the j2ee
plugin.
> What do you think? Tell me. Please tell we if I submit a issue in JIRA
or -
> if possible - give me cvs access to insert the lines directly... :-)

You can either submit an improvement to Jira, or post the patch directly
to the -dev mailing list. For more info on patches etc, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html . Access to CVS is for
committers on the project -keep contributing and submitting patches and
you may get voted a committer!

> The plugin doesn not work correctly due to the Depencey Interface does
not
> offer a method that returns the artifact type. (We should distinguish
> between jar, ejb-jar, war, ear, sar, rar (Did I miss something...?).
Maybe
> its all about my unexperienced about Maven's API, tell me if there is
> another possiblity.
>
> The pluggin assumes that all ear.bundle.jar dependencies are
ebj-modules,
> jar-modules are slightly ignored.

Maybe we need an ear.bundle.ejb property?

> Tell me if you need further info your missing something I could
integrate.
> I'm planning also to validate it against the official dtd. James, does
the
> jelly-msv stuff works trhough a firewall if the schemata is at a remote
> location?????

If you can get the jelly validation to work in Maven, please let me know
how you did it :) I'm trying to get some validation stuff working and so
far have failed.

> Thx for your comments and thoughts

Thanks for contributing!
--