List:       maven-dev
Subject:    svn commit: r432770 -
From:       carlos () apache ! org
Date:       2006-08-18 23:12:11

Author: carlos
Date: Fri Aug 18 16:12:10 2006
New Revision: 432770

Log:
Clarify groupid policy

Modified:
    maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.apt

Modified: maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.apt
--- maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.apt (original)
+++ maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.apt Fri Aug 18 \
16:12:10 2006 @@ -115,14 +115,16 @@

  []

- Some considerations about the <<groupId>>: it will identify your project uniquely \
across all + <<IMPORTANT>> considerations about the <<groupId>>: it will identify \
your project uniquely across all  projects, so we need to enforce a naming schema. \
For projects with artifacts already uploaded to ibiblio it can  be equal to the \
previous used, but for new projects it has to follow the package name rules, what  \
means that has to be at least as a domain name you control, and you can create as \
many subgroups  as you want.
- There are a lot of poorly defined package names so you have to provide proof that \
                you control the domain that
- matches the package name. Provide proof means that the project is hosted at that \
                domain or they own it although
- not using it. eg. If you use a com.sun.xyz package name we expect that the project \
is hosted at http://xyz.sun.com. + There are a lot of poorly defined package names so \
you <<must provide proof that you control the domain>> that + matches the groupId. \
Provide proof means that the project is hosted at that domain or it's owned by a \
member, + in that case you must give the link to the registrar database (whois) where \
the owner is listed and the page + in the project web where the owner is associated \
with the project. + eg. If you use a com.sun.xyz package name we expect that the \
project is hosted at http://xyz.sun.com.
  Look at {{{http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/packages.html#7.7}
  More information about package names}}. Check also the guide about