List:       maven-dev
Subject:    Re: Extending reporting management
From:       Arnaud Bailly <abailly () oqube ! com>
Date:       2006-08-17 6:02:26

Hello,

> Sorry, we use a ton of OWL here and so I'm used to using it as a synonym
> for RDF.

So I guess you could give me some advice on this idea as I have no
practical experience using RDF/OWL tools :-)

As I understand it, RDF graphs are just labelled directed graphs
with OWL being a "grammar" for such graphs and with some predefined
node and edges labels. The reporting API could just be a simple API
for building an in-memory graph, with a specific plugin/component for
transformation to suitable external RDF representation (N3, XML,
whatever). But as one may need to query the graph, I think I need a
real RDF API, so my question is: What is the right tool for starting
the whole thing ? I know about Jena and Sesame.

As I have a bit of spare time, I will try to hack a proof-of-concept
into maven current codebase and post a patch.

Thx
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.