List:       maradns-list
Subject:    vhosts alias
From:       Kai Hendry <hendry () cs ! helsinki ! fi>
Date:       2004-07-29 10:06:08

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

I want to try make the maradns configuration simpler for the typical
debian audience.

For example most people use it for sub domains for their domain hosted
on their server for websites with apache's vhost alias module:
http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/faqwiz/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq04.025.htp

My process for doing this is quite lengthy:
http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/faqwiz/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq01.083.htp

And it demands maradns to be restarted.

I was wondering isn't their a way for maradns to simply return the ip of
eth0 for *.mydomain.org ?

So if I want to start a new project, all I do is:
mkdir /web/newproj.mydomain.org

Best wishes,