List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] Mandriva sees some networks and not others
From:       "Ian Moffatt" <icm1957 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-07 20:44:48

OK I give in ;-)

Tried just about everything but *could not* get this Dell c640 to see
the network at my partner's place. I could see networks belonging to
nieghbours (I could even connect to one of them - for testing purposes
only you understand ;-) )

It connected first time with a wired connection but wireless - forget
it. Without changing a thing I got home fired it up and it saw my home
network straight away

I'm going to leave trying to configure it there and just keep it in my
kitchen so I have web access/music there

Cheers but puzzled

Ian

--
web.mac.com/ianmoff
Find a Better Way of Life at marillion.com
Do your ears a favour with radioparadise.com