List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [Expert] Taming the KAT - was Question about nice and priority
From:       Ben <b_armbrust () cox ! net>
Date:       2006-06-03 2:55:47

On Friday 02 June 2006 12:26 pm, rikona Climbed A Telegraph Pole and Clicked:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2006, 8:04:24 PM, John Campbell wrote:
>
> JC> My solution for kat was "killall -9 kat ; urpme kat."
>
> Mine too, but would lowering the priority to the lowest possible level
> tame KAT enough to actually have it running?
>
> JC> There are a number of programs that Mandriva had no business
> JC> installing into the default config...kat is one...
>
> Totally agree....
>
> If a low priority helps fix KAT, is it possible to have the default
> install such that it runs with the lowest possible priority?
>
> I'd like to explore using it, but there's NO WAY I'm going to have it
> as it is now.

I have recently done an urpmi kat  from internet media just to try it out.
It looks like they may have tamed the kat somewhat.  It sits on it's tray
quietly purring away.  It doesn't bother me and I don't often bother it.
It may be worth a second glance.
benja22

--
More people are flattered into virtue than bullied out of vice.
		-- R.S. Surtees