List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Updates
From:       Charles A Edwards <eslrahc () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2005-03-19 6:31:17

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:29:55 -0800
James Sparenberg wrote:

> Just curious ... how fast is this cluster you own

Actually it is easier and faster for me to backport to the current Mdk
release than it is to to do so for cooker.

All I have to do is update/upgrade and install on my system and then
upload them to my site.
For cooker, as for example Xfce, pkg must be updated and installed in a
specific order, I have to wait a min of 2 hrs between the upload of each
rpm before I an can build the next on the Mdk cluster and upload.
In the instance of xfce-4.2.1 it was made even more aggregating because
of a glitch on the Mdk cluster it took 2 full days for me to update
Xfce.

    Charles

--=20
Surprise due today.  Also the rent.