List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Dell laptop hangs with 9.2 when lid closed. SOLVED!!
From:       Mof <mof () labf ! org>
Date:       2003-11-11 6:14:49

The "rpm -e -nodeps suspend-scripts" didn't work, so it became obvious that it
was a kernel problem, so I thought I'd upgrade to the latest kernel, and see
what happens, but as I was doing that I noticed something odd in lilo.conf :

append="quiet devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"

First off I really don't know what acpi=ht means.
What is ht ??
So I changed it to "on"
But wait!!!!! Look right next to that and you'll see the "causer of all pain"
"resume=/dev/hda5"
But /dev/hda5 is my bloody swap partition!!!!
After removing the resume=/dev/hda5, it works fine now!

Thanks alot guys for being so patient.
I should have sent the append line from the start!

Mof.

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 00:55, Jack Coates wrote:
> try rpm -e --nodeps suspend-scripts.
>
> On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:45, Mofeed Shahin wrote:
> > > reply-to still a problem.>
> >
> > Yeah must be something I've done with kmail.

> > > did you remember to use service acpid restart after editing that file?
> >
> > yes, I even rebooted.
> >
> > Arrrgghhh, looks like I'll have to stick with 9.1 until I can work out
> > what is going on here!!
> >
> > Mof.

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

["message.footer" (text/plain)]