List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Dell laptop hangs with 9.2 when lid closed.
From:       Jack Coates <jack () monkeynoodle ! org>
Date:       2003-11-09 7:18:23

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:54, James Sparenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:54, Jack Coates wrote:

> > > Actually it does, depending on the machine of course, like all acpi
> > > functionality.  I was using it for a week or so, but it's so slow, I can
> > > do a normal shutdown/boot faster than a suspend resume.
> > >
> > > Machine: Compaq Presario 1215US
> > >
> > > Stew Benedict
> >
> > Good for you! did you do anything special or did it just work?
> >
> > BTW, ACPI and swsusp haven't actually got anything to do with each
> > other, except that ACPI events can trigger a suspend.
>
> In my case.  (Compaq Armada)  ACPI doesn't work but APM is flawless.  In
> fact ACPI doesn't work under other OS's either.  So no loss.  It really
> seems to be an LG problem.   A number of Laptops like mine don't quite
> follow the spec or followed a test spec and so don't work right.  I've
> two dells at work we use for mobile demo's Same model one is just a
> version up from the other (xp and ixp or something like that)  One works
> with acpi one with apm.
>
> James

There's a guy on the Linux-sony list with the exact same model of laptop
as me who had swsusp and ACPI working fine almost a year ago, using
Debian. Me, I try with every new Mandrake kernel, and I'm always
disappointed. I'm about ready to put Debian on the laptop.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...

["message.footer" (text/plain)]