List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Re: lvm and devfs not working
From:       "Brian J. Murrell" <cooker-in () interlinx ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2001-08-31 20:07:19

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:54:05PM +0400, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> One more problem - diskdrake cannot configure LVM (after installation).
> It tries to use old names like /dev/hdb8 while all LVM utilities check
> /proc/partitions and expect /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part8.

Uh-huh.

> Reading README, the version of LVM is from November 2000 and says
> "minimal devfs support".  Looks like we really need an upgrade.

Yup.  Just what I have been asking for.  It was not so bad pre-devfs
to use the version that is in the kernel, but now that Mandrake is
mandating devfs usage, it is time to get a more recent (that shipping
in the kernel) LVM.

Let's not wait for the LVM folks to get 1.0.1rc2 pushed up into the
kernel please.

Thanx,
b.

--