List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Aurora update - Monitor link trashed again
From:       David Walluck <david () anti-microsoft ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 20:07:27

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> One more example of maintained and useful package (sorry, could not
> resist).
>
> -andrej

I have been very busy lately because I am without high speed Internet
access and University has started again, but I also can't resist. This bug
in Aurora has been there forever. I don't understand how Mandrake can work
on a distro that they aren't using themselves. If they are using it then
bugs like this would be caught immediately.

I can't comment on the libsafe situation, but judging from msec (and the
fact that it is a piece of software that actually seems to work), I do
believe Yoann knows a thing or two about security. But that said, Bastille
is so badly supported even though the author is supposedly employed by
Mandrake. I don't understand. My guess is that they (Jay and Yoann) are
working on a next-generation Bastille project, but if this won't end up in
8.1, then Bastille needs to be supported in 8.1/Cooker too.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<david@anti-microsoft.org>