List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] 2.4.5-9 - Install III pb's
From:       guran <guran () nr1 ! nu>
Date:       2001-06-30 21:09:48

Hi

VERSION	(rsync ftp.sunet.se)
Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20010630 16:16

No KDE to be installed but the rest.

Linuxconf, DNS, Timezone, Bootdisk as before and no gpm from boot.

Installed NVIDIA drivers fine.

My first visit to Nautilus for a year, nice look but was unable to make
the panel show up at the top. It is more work for the muscles to draw
the mouse backwards than forward, so that's a must for me.

Peculiar that the desktop icon has a text tag in blue on how many bytes
they are, Mandrake expert -> 163 bytes.

Tried to enter Mandrake Control Center but would not accept my root
passwd -> did a reboot of Xserver and could get in and fix gpm.

A funny thing after rebooting the Xserver was that Netscape that was
originally on Workspace three was on workspace one with its icons in
reverse mode. Rebooted the Xserver again and the shit was gone.

Launched AbiWord and it came up fine.

Installed RealPlayer fine in Netscape but not in Mozilla - when looking
for a program to launch it said it should show all files but was
incapable to do that.

regards
guran