List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] compiz, berly & co vs. Java applications
From:       Stéphane  =?iso-8859-1?b?VOlsZXRjaOlh?= <steletch () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-02-14 9:25:29

Selon Ric <fhj52.info@gmail.com>:

> I built the compiler. 100% GPL'd open source:
> $> ./javac -version
> javac 1.7.0-opensource
>
> ( javac is actually script to the javac.jar and has the std GPL v2 info
> in it just like most of the rest of our files )
>
> A no-brainer to do once the steps to get there were done.
> Rebuild & testing & packaging won't be as easy I am afraid.

Do you think you'll try to provide a package with this version ?
I would be nice to see how this java edition could be used for next releases
(presumably for 2008), and the problems you solved could help the maintainer of
the java packages (since you're already done some work on it).

Cheers,
Stéphane

--
http://www.steletch.org