List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] modular xorg
From:       Pixel <pixel () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2006-05-23 7:18:12

"athleston@yahoo.com" <athleston@yahoo.com> writes:

> Owing to the massive problems with cookers upgrading xorg6.9 to xorg7.0, and
> people floundering around trying to fix, why not have a special task package
> thats responsible to do a. urpmi to install xor7.0 and b. do all required post
> and pre-install fixups?
>
> For example if X11/R6 must die and fixed-fonts must live and we know so for
> sure, why not write a scripe to do so rather than have people learning this
> via ML and trying it on at home? thats a fix you could be more confident of
> and help the most people I think.

most pbs has been fixed at the moment... at least people who have not
upgraded yet should upgrade nicely. But for people in the middle of
this mess, there is one things that won't be fixed by upgrading. In
that case, please do:

mv /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/* /usr/lib/X11
rmdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
ln -s ../../lib/X11 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11

this may fail. In that case, you may try things like:

cp -a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/* /usr/lib/X11
rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
ln -s ../../lib/X11 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11