List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] modular xorg
From:       "athleston () yahoo ! com" <athleston () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-05-23 4:57:24

Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Monday 22 May 2006 11:39 am, Dick Gevers wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 May 2006 16:06:41 -0700, Thomas Spuhler wrote about Re: [Cooker]
>>
>> modular xorg:
>>> start failed with several errors:
>>> xinxitrc line 30 xterm: command failed
>>> line 31 xterm:command failed
>>> line 32 exec:xterm no xterm
>>> and one more I don't remember
>> urpmi xterm

Owing to the massive problems with cookers upgrading xorg6.9 to xorg7.0, and
people floundering around trying to fix, why not have a special task package
thats responsible to do a. urpmi to install xor7.0 and b. do all required post
and pre-install fixups?

For example if X11/R6 must die and fixed-fonts must live and we know so for
sure, why not write a scripe to do so rather than have people learning this via
ML and trying it on at home? thats a fix you could be more confident of and help
the most people I think.