List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] New RPM for contrib - Celestia 1.3.2
From:       Christophe Teyssier <chris () teyssier ! org>
Date:       2004-08-31 21:13:27

Hello list,

This is my first contribution, so it's probably not perfect.
- src rpm uploaded to incoming: celestia-1.3.2-5mdk.src.rpm

Celestia is an OpenGL space simulator, see:
http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

There is already a package in contrib, but for a somewhat old version (1.3.0)
with a dated GTK1 interface.

We now have four interfaces: KDE, GTK2, Gnome2 and GLUT. This package provides
all four of them.

Given this unusual 'feature', the way the package is build is a bit
unconventional: make is called 4 times, and the binary produced is then
renamed celestia-glut, celestia-gkt, etc.

The result is five binary rpms:
- celestia: shared data files and wrapper script
- celestia-glut
- celestia-gtk
- celestia-gnome
- celestia-kde

rpmlint still gives some error messages but I don't know how to get rid of
them, I've gone as far as I could.

The packages I make are usually made available on SourceForge, but I think
it'd be better if they could be added to contrib with an even better Mandrake
compatibility, so please have a look.

Thanks,
--
Christophe