List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Install Everything.
From:       Robert L Martin <robertlmarti () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-04-10 18:58:56

> This is likely a design decision rather than a bug.  As such I am throwing it out \
> here for the developers to discus and think about, or maybe just tell me why it's \
> done this way and send my on my way.
> During the installation you have the option of useing the default selection of \
> packages, adding specific bundles or chusing individual packages.  This last option \
> thogh tedius is the only way to chuse some items that I consider esential.  Yes, \
> "esential" is a matter of personal taste but it dosn't mean that I will have my \
> installation CDs handy when I 1st connect a printer or configure kppp.
> What is wrong with a single "install everything" check box that will do just that.  \
> All the different translations, all the various apps, all the header files, even \
> the various servers (despite the risk). Separate out only those items that are \
> known to cause a specific conflict so I may have to pick which FTP server is \
> started.
 this can also be an arguement for a
"/opt/rpmstore/%media name%/
setup

This is how it would work in expert mode or maybe in all modes before
you start the install ask the Question
"Would you like to store your rpms on your local disk?"    then build
the base system and populate the tree so you would have
/opt/rpmstore/
                     /Main/
                     /Contribs/
                      /Updates/
                      /PLF/
Then you could also add those to RPMDrake so that the deps are solved
like magic (bit of a fun point a certain redmond company does have this
type of  setup for their "rpm files")