List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Install Everything.
From:       "Kevin Sproul" <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2004-04-10 16:13:49

This is likely a design decision rather than a bug.  As such I am throwing it out \
here for the developers to discus and think about, or maybe just tell me why it's \
done this way and send my on my way.

During the installation you have the option of useing the default selection of \
packages, adding specific bundles or chusing individual packages.  This last option \
thogh tedius is the only way to chuse some items that I consider esential.  Yes, \
"esential" is a matter of personal taste but it dosn't mean that I will have my \
installation CDs handy when I 1st connect a printer or configure kppp.

What is wrong with a single "install everything" check box that will do just that.  \
All the different translations, all the various apps, all the header files, even the \
various servers (despite the risk). Separate out only those items that are known to \
cause a specific conflict so I may have to pick which FTP server is started.