List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Do not renice X by default
From:       Élie Charest <elie.charest () videotron ! ca>
Date:       2003-10-31 13:25:18

Le 31 Octobre 2003 07:31, Con Kolivas a écrit :
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:34, Élie Charest wrote:
> > I am now happily testing out my homemade test9 kernel and so far, so
> > good! The only thing not working seems to be the framebuffer console (I'm
> > in 25x80 text mode now). In fact, I finally put "vga=ask" in the
> > 2.6.0-test9 entry in lilo.conf, and it didn't even ask me anything - it
> > went straight to 25x80 text mode.
>
> the vga=ask only works at the lilo prompt, not as an append. you need to
> specify the exact vga mode in the lilo.conf that you want.

Well, vga=791 (my usual mode) doesn't work at all. I get a blank screen during
boot, and a garbled screen if I switch to a console after boot. I haven't
tried other vga modes and will do so eventually, but somehow I'm pretty sure
that if 791 doesn't work, others won't either.

I wonder if it might be related to the 1GB Ram + 128MB Video card bug that
plagued 2.4 kernels until 2.4.22...

--
Élie Charest
elie.charest@videotron.ca