List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Critical bug, but no response!!
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2003-05-06 20:55:56

On Tue May 06, 2003 at 09:42:31PM +0200, danny@mailmij.org wrote:

> > Some maintainers are very good with this, some not so good.  =)
> Yes, understandable. But what is the solution to this?
> In defence of the maintainers, i would also like to say that some packages
> are more easy to keep working than others.
>
> Ofcourse, this is a mandrake "inside" problem. Not really something that
> is "cookers" business. Unless ofcourse mdk management decides that it
> becomes cookers business (ie let some contributer make bugfix packages,
> although i do not see that being officially sanctioned, even though it is
> already happening unofficially).

I'm not sure what the best solution is.  You're right... it is an internal
thing that needs to be dealt with; whether that decision ends up letting
contributors do this sort of thing or not, the situation will still need to
be dealt with internally.

I'm not even going to pretend to know how this will turn out, or how to go
about it.  This is something that Warly and Fred Lepied have to initiate.

> However I'd like to share that I came to above conclusion a few months
> ago, and it hasn't improved visible (to me). Bugzilla made it more
> apparent. Hope it changes:)

That's kinda the point of bugzilla.  Accountability is very important for
many reasons.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/