List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Critical bug, but no response!!
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2003-05-04 12:07:11

On Sun 04 May 2003 04:08, Buchan Milne posted as excerpted below:
> On Sun, 4 May 2003, David Walser wrote:
> >
> > Part of the problem is, Laurent doesn't read the
> > Mandrake Bugzilla, only the KDE one.  It was nice,
> > back in the day, when David Baudens used to also work
> > on the KDE packages.
>
> Ahhh, that would explain things. But then why
> 1)Are kde packages in Mandrake Bugzilla
> or
> 2)doesn't Mandrake bugzilla auto-forward bugs on kde packages to KDE
> bugzilla?
>
> Anyway, I don't see why packaging errors for Mandrake belong in KDE CVS,
> but its worse to not know that Laurent only uses KDE Bugzilla.

Yes, that does explain..  There's an open KDE bug with dragNdrop move not
being an option, only copy and symlink, that was created due to a Mdk patch,
according to the logs and Jan's work on it, as he noticed it to.  The bug
should be easy to fix, as the patch that introduced it is known, and the
bugzilla entry has been voted on several times, but there've been several
kdebase updates with not a peep indicating they've seen that bugzilla report.
If Laurant doesn't read Mdk Bugzilla, he probably HASN'T seen the report.
Yet, I feel funny thinking about putting it on the KDE bugzilla, the problem
being a Mandrake patch..

Here all this time I was thinking it was because Laurent was on vacation, but
yet I kept seeing all the other KDE updates with his name.  I just figured it
was a working vacation and that for whatever reason he didn't want to tackle
that one while on vacation, even tho there'd been all sorts of updates to
kdebase since it was filed, just not fixing THAT problem.

Yes, if he only reads the KDE bugzilla, it DOES explain things.  That's good
info to know.  Thanks!

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin