List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Critical bug, but no response!!
From:       Jan Ciger <jan.ciger () epfl ! ch>
Date:       2003-05-04 12:03:53

> > Part of the problem is, Laurent doesn't read the
> > Mandrake Bugzilla, only the KDE one.  It was nice,
> > back in the day, when David Baudens used to also work
> > on the KDE packages.
>
> Ahhh, that would explain things. But then why
> 1)Are kde packages in Mandrake Bugzilla
> or
> 2)doesn't Mandrake bugzilla auto-forward bugs on kde packages to KDE
> bugzilla?
>
> Anyway, I don't see why packaging errors for Mandrake belong in KDE CVS,
> but its worse to not know that Laurent only uses KDE Bugzilla.
>
> Buchan

Why is Laurent not reading Mandrake Bugzilla ? What about bugs, that were
introduced by his patching ? What is the point of having Mandrake Bugzilla if
the responsible maintainer does not read it ??? If this is true, than it
explains a lot :-( It's like telling people - "report bugs, but it will be
ignored anyway"

I have one outstanding bug in Bugzilla like that (the "Move to" menu entry),
which is broken since long time ago, Laurent acknowledged it in a private
mail, but it is still not fixed, even when I found out the reason and it is
enough just to revert one patch.

Jan