List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] cursor themes package
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2003-03-30 12:21:23

On Sat 29 Mar 2003 15:27, Buchan Milne posted as excerpted below:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:13:49 +0200 (SAST)
> >
> > Buchan Milne <bgmilne@cae.co.za> wrote:
> > > Could people please give the cursor themes package a bit of a run
> > > around, see if it breaks any cursors or anything weird like that?
> >
> > Be nice if there was a thumb nail index so that you could preview the
> > themes.
>
> Patch welcome ;-)
>
> At present the gui you see is a 57-line bash script ... unless I pull
> something with ImageMagick's 'display' or similar, I think I will have to
> change languages ...
>
> > Maybe you could steal the sample shots from kde-look.org
>
> The shots themselves are the easy part ....

OK, haven't installed this yet, thus haven't played with it, tho I intend to,
but couldn't you use Konqueror's create thumbnail index or whatever it's
called, for that?  Alternatively, load them up in Konqueror w/ its own
thumbnail generator, and take a screenshot of that, either to include, or to
post somewhere URL reference-able from something in the package.

I know such a thumbnailer is pretty common in the MSWormOS world, and while
that doesn't mean it's equally common in the LInux world, Konqueror probably
isn't the only app that can do it, for those w/o KDE on their system.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin