List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] cursor themes package
From:       Buchan Milne <bgmilne () cae ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-03-30 10:17:34

On Sun, 29 Mar 2003, James Sparenberg wrote:

> > > Maybe you could steal the sample shots from kde-look.org
> >
> > The shots themselves are the easy part ....
>
> Buchan,
>
>    Being from the school of simple ideas for simple minds (mine) Why not
> just do a small series of html pages with shots of each "set" of
> cursors.  Then a script that calls $BROWSER name of 1st page.

I will consider it, but I have more important things to do IMHO, and I
believe both KDE and Gnome should have UIs for this (to go with the
themes). Under Windows9x, mouse cursors were parts of themes.

And I think that the state of some KDE themes leaves things to be desired,
since some themes do not set the Window decorations, icons or backgrounds.

Maybe Mandrakesoft needs to take some initiative here and make Galaxy a
complete theme under both KDE and GNOME, including backgrounds, cursor
themes, sounds, etc, instead of just being a set of consistent widget sets
and window decorations. Galaxy is very good, but it still isn't a theme
IMHO. As evidenced by the fact that when I enable a different theme, and
then try to restore Galaxy, I have to run 4 different KDE Control Center
modules. The GNOME state is slightly better.

Buchan