List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Am now experiencing random lockups...
From:       Buchan Milne <bgmilne () cae ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-03-09 19:12:06

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, jokerman64 wrote:

> > (P.S. could you set Kmail 1.5 to wrap lines?)
> true, it is want as opposed to need but the way to fix a problem is not
> to avoid (as I so often do) but to go looking for a solution. And in any
> case I'm not going to sacrifice opengl support for stabilty on cooker.
> The whole point is to break stuff and find out why (or report it so that
> someone else can).

I was not meaning to do away with OpenGL forever, just to try and build
yuor rpm while running with the nv driver (it might be best to reboot too
to ensure that the loading of the NVidia driver does not affect it, you
may need to remove it from your /etc/modules also) so that we can either
eliminate nvidia as the cuplrit, or confirm that it is. If it is, you
could then try a different release of the drivers, or on a different
kernel.

Regards,
Buchan