List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] openoffice.org fonts
From:       Danny Tholen <danny () mailmij ! org>
Date:       2002-05-02 18:36:38

Hi Gwenole,
I always found the TTF fonts in openoffice.org terribly ugly since after build 638 or \
so. Today I figured out it was because they _statically_ link against freetype2, \
without ByteCodeInterpreter. I always rebuild freetype because of this issue because \
on my screen/resolution it really produces unreadable and ugly ttf fonts. After \
rebuilding OO.org with the BCI defined, it looks beautiful.

So the question: is it possible to build oo.org so that it dynamically links against \
freetype2? This would increase the lifetime of my athlon considerably as I do not \
                have to keep rebuilding:).
Otherwise: here is another PLF candidate (it becomes busy there).

Danny